A volunteer at Alene’s workplace shared this recipe. It doesn’t involve eggs and uses sweetened canned milk!
We usually substitute lemon juice for the orange juice and poppy seeds for the orange zest.
All purpose flour- 1 & 1/4 cup
Sweetened Condensed milk- 1 cup
Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
Orange juice- 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar- 3 tbsp
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Orange zest- 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder to ensure even mixing
2) Mix well condensed milk, orange juice, oil, sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice with a whisk.
3) Take the sieved flour in a bowl and pour in the mixed liquid – and mix well without any lumps.
4) Grate orange zest into the batter & mix well.
5) Grease baking pan and pour the prepared batter in the pan.
6) Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean